A refreshing and elegant summer drink, this lavender lemonade is perfect for your next bridal shower, baby shower, dinner party, or cookout! It’s sweet, tart, fresh, and fragrant and one of my favorite drinks to enjoy on a hot summer day.
There’s nothing more refreshing than a glass of lemonade, and this lavender lemonade is bursting with flavor. I first had this drink at a local restaurant in town, and since then I’ve been, quite literally, obsessed with it. The flavors are just right and go together so well.
It’s such a fun and lovely drink. I had a lemon-themed bridal shower (“I found my main squeeze!”) and I very much wish I would’ve known about this drink back then. It’s perfect to serve to guests at a themed party and would look so cute next to lemon or lavender cupcakes and cookies.
This Lavender Lemonade Is:
- Sweet, tart, and floral. Neither the coconut nor the lavender are too overpowering.
- A great summer refresher! Lemonade provides sweetness while coconut water rehydrates with electrolytes potassium, sodium, and manganese.
- Non-alcoholic, which means it’s a great alternative to a cocktail.
- Quick and easy to make — only three store-bought ingredients that come together in minutes.
Only three ingredients!
- Lemonade: Lemonade is the base of the drink. It provides sweetness and tang.
- Coconut Water: Hydrates while providing a layer of fresh and nutty flavor as well as additional sweetness.
- Lavender Syrup: Provides a floral note and additional sweetness.
All of these flavors are magical together! Chef’s kiss.
Tips to Make Coconut Lavender Lemonade
- Use your favorite brands. Here we used Simply Lemonade lemonade, Vita Coco coconut water, and Monin lavender syrup. If you want to make homemade lemonade and lavender syrup, go for it! I think they would work so well. We will be writing recipes for these in the future, so stay tuned.
- You can use coconut water with or without pulp. I personally prefer pulp-free coconut water, but if you like coconut water with pulp then it can definitely be substituted!
- Be careful when adding the lavender syrup. Start low and work your way up, especially if using a different syrup brand which may have a more intense lavender flavor than Monin. If you find that the lavender flavor is too intense, dilute the drink down with more lemonade and coconut water.
- Add the lavender syrup to the drink last. If it’s added first, it is more difficult to stir into the drink since it remains near the bottom of the glass. If it’s added last, it is easier to stir in and becomes more evenly distributed throughout the drink.
More Summer Recipes
- 6 ounces lemonade
- 2 ounces coconut water
- 1 Tbsp lavender syrup, or to taste
- In a glass filled with ice, first add the lemonade followed by the coconut water. Top with lavender syrup.
- Stir well to combine the ingredients.
- To garnish, add some lemon slices and/or fresh culinary lavender sprigs.
- Add a couple drops of purple food coloring if you’d like the drink to take on a violet hue.
- Make just before serving as the ice will dilute the drink as it melts down.
- To make a pitcher of lemonade for a larger group, simply combine 6 cups of lemonade, 2 cups of coconut water, and ½ cup lavender syrup (or to taste) in a pitcher with ice.